If you love Asian food, as I do, give these restaurants a try. Enjoy!
- Mien Tay – Excellent value for money Vietnamese restaurant on Lavender Hill, although unfortunately no longer BYO. Book ahead as the good food and good prices mean this place is normally very busy. Casual atmosphere, good for groups.
- Fujiyama – Japanese restaurant tucked away on a Brixton back street, casual bench style seating with big selection of noodles, rice dishes, sushi and sides. Tasty and not too expensive.
- Tsunami – Japanese restaurant in Clapham North, more high class than the other places, food is extravagantly presented (try the scallops which come out flaming) and delicious. Great date venue.
- Mama Lan – Like all places in Brixton Village Mama Lan does a small selection of dishes and does them really well. Beef noodle soup was spicy and filling with the thick noodles I love and really tender beef. You can see the dumplings being freshly made, I tried both the beef and spring onion and pork and chinese leaf, both delicious. Great for a casual lunch or dinner, and Mama Lan is situated in the end of Brixton Village where they often have a live band so there is also a great atmosphere.
- Lombok – Herne Hill Thai restaurant and takeaway, food is delicious with a wide range of dishes. Salt and pepper squid, and whole crab were stand out dishes.