- You went to the Bon Bonne – You may or may not have been of a legal drinking age but either way the Bon Bonne was the perfect local spot for a night out. At £2.50 a drink it was a bargain night out, not even the carpeted floor could dampen your spirits. Bonus points if you made Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night in one week.
- You also hung out at the Venue – Having the benefit of a later than 1am license (talking to you Bon Bonne), the venue was another favourite for many a south Londoner. With the cheese-tastic cover band on early and fake snow at Christmas, it was a real winner, kind of…
- You were gutted when the Water Palace closed – A bit of a mission as it was out in the Purley Way, but your journey was rewarded with a water world filled with slides, wave machines and Jacuzzi. Its health and safety may have left a little to be desired, but nevertheless you were sad to hear it was no more.
- You spent a Friday night at the Ice Skating Disco in Streatham – Pre fancy makeover the ice rink in Streatham was the place for south London teens to hang out on a Friday night when the music was turned up loud and the disco lights were on, and there was always one friend who couldn’t seem to let go of the side.
- You went all in at Caesars – All you can drink and entry for £20, bargain! The plastic cups you were given should have been a warning sign though. Both the Streatham and Old Kent Road locations are now defunct.
- You fought friends at Lazer Quest – Part of the megabowl complex in Streatham which since it’s closure has been a blip on the high street, now being turned into flats. No where near as fun as a round of bowling and a game of lazer quest!
- Hanging out in the Glades and/or The Whitgift Centre was a regular Saturday activity. And you may or may not have been wearing any of the following – cartoon socks, kappa trousers, reebok classics. Those were the days…
- You got lost in the Crystal Palace maze and thought the dinosaurs were rather realistic – It’s only on returning as an adult you realise how easily you were entertained. Photo Credit: elias_daniel via Compfight cc
We hope you enjoyed our nostalgic look back at times gone by, anything else you remember that we’ve missed?