The amount of green space in London is one of the things that makes this city so great. Here’s my top 5 parks of South London-
- Battersea Park – I love this park, it’s great both for Autumn walks and lazy Summer days relaxing by the river. There is also the added gimmicks of a boating lake, alternative bike hire courtesy of London Recumbents , a zoo and a peace pagoda!
- Greenwich Park – Go here for the view! You can walk to the top of the hill and see a great London skyline. You can also play tourist and get your picture with the Meridian Line. Greenwich also has an indoor craft and food market which is worth checking out at the same time.
- Richmond Park – This park is huge and it has real life deer! What more reason to go visit.
- Brockwell Park – Sandwiched between Brixton and Herne Hill this is another park which again has great views over London. Brockwell park also has it’s very own Lido but if you don’t fancy a freezing cold dip the cafe alone is worth a visit.
- Crystal Palace Park – A favourite from my childhood, there’s model dinosaurs and a maze here, plus a national sports centre
On another note, if you like the look of these parks there are some great prints to buy from Peter Forsyth illustrations here.