Top 5 Places For After 1am in South London-
Ever find yourself wanting to continue the fun when the bar you’re in has called last orders? Don’t fear, the South London Blog has compiled a list of late night bars and venues which will welcome you long after 1am.
- Dogstar – This Brixton staple is open into the wee hours and the queues are often at their biggest post 1am. Don’t worry though, there’s an off licence opposite that will keep you going while you wait! Unusually for a late night venue the music isn’t too cheesy, but still recognisable. Always a guaranteed fun time! 389 Coldharbour Lane Brixton SW9 8LQ
- The Swan – An Irish pub come club, the Swan is somewhat of a late night institution and somewhere you really wouldn’t want to go before 1am or if you were sober for that matter. So provided it’s after 1am and you’re not sober, this is the late night bar for you. There are live bands and they even have fake snow at Christmas. 2a Stockwell Road SW9 9BF
- Shalamar – The chicken shop, not to be confused with the 70s band of the same name, is a must visit. More for entertainment than chicken, although get that too. For a reason unknown they have the Backstreet Boys on loop on a large screen TV and the owner can often be found leading the sing along, numerous videos of evidence can be found on YouTube. If you’re a fan of karaoke this is the drunk food choice for you, if you’re really just there for the food you might have to battle your way to the counter past over enthusiastic “singers”, enjoy!3 The Pavement London SW4 0HY
- Mosquito Bar – Clapham Indian restaurant/late night bar, Mosquito is open until 5am. If you feel like carrying on the party but also have an urge for food then this could be just the spot for you!5 Clapham High Street, London, SW4 7TS
- Plan B – For decent music and late opening Plan B in Brixton is a winner with regular nights from top DJ’s which has seen nights from Kissy Sell Out, Louche and Red Bull Music Academy in recent years. Plan B is also handily located to Brixton Academy so is often the go to after party venue. Academy418 Brixton Rd London, SW9 7AY